The widget lead form provides an easy way for you to embed an opt-in form directly on your website to collect lead information. This feature is available in all three pricing plans: Starter, Pro, and Business.
To set up a widget form campaign:
1. On the side navigation menu, click on the "+" icon next to Campaigns.
2. Click the "+CREATE NEW CAMPAIGN" button, and choose "Widget Lead Form" as the campaign type.
3. Enter in a campaign name and a widget lead form name. Select how you want to be notified when a lead submits a form via the widget. Click "Next".
4. Next step is to set up your widget lead form. (If you're on the Business plan, the next step is to set up lead distribution for leads that come through via the widget lead form).
Simply choose the widget style, it can be text only or icon + text. Select the background and text colours, and customize the text on the widget. If you choose the icon + text style, you can also upload an icon. It is recommended that the upload size for the icon is 64x64 pixels. If you want to use a different icon, click on the "Reset" to remove the existing icon and upload a new one.
5. Next step is to set up the actual lead form:
Logo: You may choose to upload a logo that appears on the header of the lead form. The recommended upload size is at least 64 by 64 pixels. If you upload anything smaller than this, the logo will appear blurry.
Image: You may choose to upload an image to display on the lead form. Usually this image can represent the lead magnet that you're giving away. The recommended upload size is at least 250 by 250 pixels.
For both the logo and image, if you wish to upload a different one, click on the "Reset" link to remove it and upload a new one.
Display Message: This is the text that displays before the form fields. You can put a description or call-to-action to let your audience know what they are opting in for. There is a 160 character limit including spaces.
6. Set up the lead form fields. There are 5 fields available by default. Simply toggle the switch to enable the field. If the field is required, check the box next to"Required". If you want to add placeholder text on the field, click on the "arrow" to expand the field and enter in the placeholder text.
You may also set up to 3 additional custom fields. Simply click on "Add Custom Field".
Toggle the switch to enable the custom field. On the label section, enter the name of the field. Under Placeholder, under in a placeholder text if you like. If you want to make this custom field required, check the box next to "Required". If you want to delete the custom field, click on the red trash can icon.
8. Select how you want the widget form to display on your website. Click on the drop-down menu to select:
Open when page loads: if you choose this option, the widget lead form will be automatically expanded when someone lands on the page where it is embedded.
Open when clicked: if you choose this option, the widget lead form will only expand when someone clicks on it.
9. If you're on the Pro or Business plan, you do have the option to remove the "Powered by LeadsTunnel" text. Simply uncheck the box if you want it to be removed.
10. Set up the confirmation message.
Display Message: This message will display after a lead submits their information to you.
Button Text: If you want to display a button, enter in the button text for it to show.
Button URL: Enter a destination URL when someone clicks on the button.
11. Once you're done, click "Save". A window will pop up with the embed code. Click on the copy icon in the corner to copy the code and paste it on your website.
12. If you decide to make changes to the widget in the future, you just need to click "Save" to save the changes. Although the embed code window will pop-up again, you do not need to replace the code.